Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

This one is for my other love....(besides those cupcakes).

Joseph celebrated his 26th birthday today. I was so excited I had a hard time sleeping last night(of course. I'm weird about things like holidays and celebrations). We had strawberry crepes and eggs for breakfast and wished that we could just take the day off. But, seeing as how I have already used 21 of my alloted 10 vacation days (do remember that I got married this year) that wasn't really an option!

After work we met up for a quick dinner at this little Mexican place by my office, where I presented the hubs with the previously blogged about cupcakes. Of course I was far more excited by them than he was, but you can't argue that they are divine.

The evening ended with a show at the Wolly Mammoth Theater in DC, where we saw a one-woman show based on a teacher's experience in inner city schools dealing with No Child Left Behind. We went with the inlaws (who are fantastic) and really, really, really liked the play. To any DCers, we would highly recommend it.

And I am now typing this post as a little tribute to the handsome man that is the reason behind all these celebrations!! So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, honey.




6 comments:

Joseph Richards said...

thanks lover!

Heather said...

Birthdays are fun. I love to see pictures of you guys. I'm super excited to come and visit!!

Tia J said...

Happpy Lat Birthday Joseph!!!! Maren you are great! I think I'm like you Ilove birthdays other peoples and my own! Next time we are in DC I need to try the cupcakes they look divine!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Joseph!!!! I hope you had an amazing day. Maren you are such a great wife. Joseph got really lucky!

Jody and Jace Martin said...

You are so cute! Joseph is lucky to have you. Strangly, I am suddenly hungry for cupcakes...I can't figure out why!

The Downs Family said...

I think y'all have way too much fun!