Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day: Even more than before

I left a little Valentine note for my hubby this morning, just to tell him how much I love him....it said, I love you even more than I did before. I realize that might come off a little wrong. But what I am trying to say is that I think it's a miracle how love can grow so much in a few short months, a week, or even a day. I was laughing as Joseph danced in the kitchen last night (he has some really great dance moves, by the way) and I told him, "this is why I married you!" The thing is, I didn't know all of those crazy, quirky dance moves before I married him, so it wasn't really true. So I thought (and said aloud, of course), "why did I marry you?"...(meaning what was it that I loved about you then that I have since added to now) :)

Let me tell you a few reasons why:
He is always thinking ahead. I knew it from the moment he told me one of his New Year's resolutions was to marry me in the temple (this was prior to our becoming really that serious).

He is unpretentious. He is never false or showy, regardless of the numerous life-experiences he has had. I loved this about him from the moment I met him. His direct, to the point kind of attitude makes him oh so loveable!

He is my goat. And by way of explanation let me tell you something about relationships and an old tradition. In every relationship there is a goat and a race horse. The goat is the calming influence that keeps the race horse from being in an incredibly wound-up state for much of the time. Traditionally, Goats have been placed in a horse’s stall on the night before the race, because they are thought to have a calming effect on high-strung thoroughbreds.

He is determined. When he makes up his mind to do something, he is going to get it done (and in the most efficient manner possible, too).

He is patient. I think he would disagree with me on this one, but I have seen his patience in our marriage time and time and time again (thanks honey)!

There are many more, but I'm not going to bore you all with a never-ending list of reasons. I just hope that today you will remember to tell the person(s) you love-WHY.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a sweet post Maren. Joseph is great for you! I knew you loved him every time you talked about him while you were dating and engaged. I'm so glad you are happy! Joseph married a great women too! I'm glad I get the chance to get to know this guy who married my best friend in March!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me said...

That was touching to read! I am so glad that you found such a wonderful person who fits you so well! YOU ARE LUCKY!!!!

Jody and Jace Martin said...

AAWWWW! So sweet. You guys are so lucky to have found each other. This was a really nice post!

Christina said...

We're so happy to have you on the quilt exchange! I'll for sure let you know everything as soon as we get all the people we need! :)

Christina said...

Hi Maren, I'm about to send out the email about the quilt block exchange, but I don't have your email address! Can you just leave it as a comment on my blog or on yours somewhere? Thanks!

Maren Richards said...

C, my email is marenf@gmail.com. I think I've picked my fabric...how will I know what other people have chosen?

Pam said...

Maureen, Just found your blog from Heather's. I had to check it out and see how you are doing since we haven't run into each other at any of my siblings weddings lately. Congratulations on your wedding last year. Joseph and you look wonderful together and you sound like you are made for each other.
Pam (heather's sister from Rochester)

Brittany said...

Hi Maren -- Random to hear from me, I know, but I was surfing another friend's blog, who had a link to someone else I knew, who had a link to YOUR blog (like I said, random). Anyway, I hope you and Joseph are doing great and enjoying married life. If you ever need a D.C. break, you should come to Richmond! It would be great to see you guys. Love ya,

Brittany Candrian (now Richman)